Robert Klein - Curtain Up GALA! Sat. Sept. 22, 2012 / 8pm
Sitnik Theater of the Lackland Center
For more than forty years, Robert Klein has entertained audiences, and he continues to have an acclaimed career in comedy, on Broadway, on television, and in film.
Robert Klein Career Highlights:
• A member of the famed "Second City" theatrical troupe in Chicago
• Nominated twice for Grammy Awards for "Best Comedy Album of the Year" for his
albums "Child of the Fifties" and "Mind Over Matter."
• Received a Tony Award nomination for Best Actor, and won a Los Angeles Drama
Critics Circle Award for his performance in the hit Neil Simon musical, "They're
Playing Our Song."
• In 1993, Klein won an Obie and the Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding
Performance by an Actor in Wendy Wasserstein's, "The Sisters Rosensweig."
• In 1975, Klein was the first comedian to appear in a live concert on Home Box
Office. He has gone on to do nine one-man shows for HBO.
• Performed in dozens of starring and guest-starring roles on television
• Made more than 100 appearances on "The Tonight Show" and "Late Show with
David Letterman" alone (plus other talk-shows)
• Appeared in many notable films
• His first book for Simon & Schuster, is an affectionate coming-of-age memoir
about growing up in the '50s and '60s before embarking on a show business
For more information visit the Centenary Stage website or call the box office!
400 Jefferson St., Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Lackland Center Physical Address: 715 Grand Avenue
Share on Facebook