The Visual Improvement Program (VIP) Grant is designed to assist Hackettstown BID Businesses and Property Owners that wish to improve and maintain the appearance of their business locations through the creation of improved signage, lighting, painting or other small exterior initiatives.
Grants are offered on a matching basis with the maximum payout of $1,000 per property location/business. Building tenants must have the cooperation and approval of the building owner.
IT IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED THAT ALL WORK SHOULD UTILIZE LOCAL BUSINESSES.
1. The VIP Grant project must adhere to and conform to size, design, quality and color standards set forth by the Municipal Ordinances.
2. Applications should be submitted prior to the work being started.
3. Applications whenever possible should include a minimum of two quotes.
Note: Local contractors and suppliers are preferred.
4. Kinds of work permitted: exterior improvements including new signage, painting, re-siding, and landscaping.
5. All applications that are subject to zoning ordinances must include a copy of zoning officer's approval.
6. All applications will be subject to the Hackettstown BID Board review and approval.
7. Decisions are made with the discretion of the Hackettstown BID Board and their decisions are final!
8. Subject to availability of funds.
• Awards will be given at 100% of matching funds if all the criteria are met in full. (up to $1,000 matching funds awarded for $2,000 or more in expenditures)
• Prior to any awarding of funds a copy of a canceled check & receipts totaling the project must be present.
ONE AWARD PER YEAR, PER PROJECT, PER PROPERTY
Click Here for Application
Share on Facebook